An award function was held at GO’s Mess, Police Lines, Sector 26, Chandigarh to recognize the good work done by Civilians, police officials and Home Guard Volunteers on monthly basis performances during the month of February 2018. On this occasion, police personnel & other officials who retired from police services after attaining the age of superannuation were also honored by Sh. Tajender Singh Luthra, IPS, Director General of Police accompanied by Dr. O.P. Mishra, IPS, DIG/UT, other Senior Police Officers including DSPs and Inspectors were also present at the Function.
The police officers and other officials who retired after attaining the age of superannuation are Insp. Gurdarshan Kaur, Insp. (ORP) Nirmal Singh, Insp. (ORP) Amrik Singh, Insp. (ORP) Dilbag Singh, Insp. (ORP) Parminder Singh, Insp. (ORP) Balbir Chand, Insp. (ORP) Dharampal Singh, Insp. (ORP) Kashmir Singh, Insp. (ORP) Paramjit Singh, Insp. (ORP) Kartar Singh, SI Rajbir Singh, SI Parshotam, SI (ORP) Raj Kumar, SI (ORP) Baljit Singh, ASI Joginder Singh, ASI (ORP) Gurdial Chand, ASI (ORP) Inder Singh, ASI (ORP) Rajwinder Kaur, HC (ORP) Jasvir Singh and Sh. Surinder Pal (Carpenter) (Total 20). The families of retired police officers were also invited on this occasion as a Guest of Honor.
The following police personnel / Home Guard Volunteers have been rewarded with suitable cash rewards and Commendation Certificate for their good work and best performances in their assigned duties during the month of February – 2018.
- Rakesh Kumar (PS-IT park), L/C Komal (PS-Manimajra), HC Karambir Singh (PP-Burail), C. Jai Singh (PS-17), HC Neeraj (PCR Vehicle), C. Charan Singh (PCR Vehicle), HC Ashok Kumar (PCR Vehicle), C. Satyaveer (PCR Vehicle), SI Gurmeet Singh (PCR Vehicle), Vol. Rajbir Singh (PCR Vehicle), HC Ram Hari (Wireless Operator), SR. C. Surinder Pal (PHQ), C. Devender Kumar (O/o SSP UT), C. Rakesh (Security Wing), L/C Pooja (Security Wing), C. Surender (IRB), L/C Manbir Kaur (IRB), C. Dinesh (Traffic Staff Electrician), Vol. Paramjeet Singh (Traffic), Vol. Gurjant Singh (O/o SSP/UT), Vol. Anil Kumar (GO Mess) Vol. Major Singh (PS-Maloya), SI Udwinder Singh (PS-34).
The following civilians have also been rewarded with commendation certificate and cash Rs. 5,000/- (each):-
- Sh. Om Parkash, Tailor, Police Lines, Chandigarh: – He is working as Tailor in Chandigarh Police Family Welfare Centre. He is performing his duty with dedication, hard work and sincerity.
- Sh. Amit Kumar R/o # 693, Ph-1, Ramdarbar, Chandigarh: – He played a crucial role to trace out the three missing children from Hallomajra, Chandigarh on 10.03.2018.
- Sh. Santosh Kumar R/o # 291/A, Sanjay Labour Colony, Ph-1, Ind. Area, Chandigarh:- He played a crucial role to apprehend accused in case FIR No. 57, dated 25.02.2018 U/S 307 added 302 IPC of PS-Ind. Area who murdered a four year old girl child in Sanjay Labour Colony.
- Sh. Sudhir Kumar R/o # S-73, Village Desumajra near Gurudwara Kharar (PB):- He played crucial role to save the life of a girl who intended to commit suicide at Sukhna Lake, Chandigarh on 17.03.2018. He timely informed the police and save a life which is highly appreciable.
- Sh. Ashok Dutt R/o # 2867, ground floor, Sector 15, Huda Colony, Panchkula (HR):- He always comes forward voluntarily to assist/help the Chandigarh Police at various occasions. He always co-operate by providing his service for every possible assistance to Chandigarh Police.
- Mr. Masihudin Ansari R/o # 1473, Village Burail, Chandigarh:- He apprehended one boy who along with one another boy robbed bag containing 2,92,000/- and important documents on 22.03.2018. A case FIR NO. 105 U/S 392, 34 IPC of PS-34 was worked out.