An interstate co-ordination meeting was held on 06-04-2018 at 12 noon under the chairmanship of H.E. Sh. V.P. Singh Badnore, Governor of Punjab-cum Administrator UT, Chandigarh at UT, Secretariat, Sector-09, Chandigarh. The following officers from Punjab, Haryana and UT, Chandigarh attended the meeting:
Advisor to Administrator, UT,Chd
Home Secretary, UT Chd
Director General of Police, UT Chandigarh
Deputy Inspector General of Police, UT Chd
Senior Superintendent of Police, UT, Chandigarh
Senior Superintendent of Police, Security & Traffic, UT,Chd
Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh
ACS (Home), Punjab
Director General of Police, Punjab
Director General of Police (Intl), Punjab
Director General of Police (Law and order), Punjab
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Patiala Range, Punjab
Senior Superintendent of Police, Mohali, (Punjab)
Director General of Police, Haryana
DGP Railways, Haryana
Commissioner of Police, Panchkula, Haryana
DIG CID, Haryana
Agenda of the meeting was two-fold
1] Inter-state coordination on Law and Order issues in Tri-city
2] Preparations for forthcoming Conference of Governors in Chandigarh from 18-20 May 2018.
The following points were deliberated in the meeting:
- Recent undercurrents in terrorism, targeted killings in Punjab and how to take forward the success achieved on this front with a better co-ordination of tri-city police was discussed. Coordination mechanism at apex level officers of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh was formulated.
- Decision was taken to conduct Inter-state coordination meeting of apex level officers of Punjab, Haryana and UT Chandigarh at regular intervals for sharing of inputs on various aspects of policing.
- For heightened vigil in tricity against movement of gangsters, inter-state criminals etc. and speedy flow of urgent crime related information, a whatsapp group of apex level officers of Punjab, Haryana and UT Chandigarh will be formed.
- Activities of terrorists/extremists, gangsters, repeat offenders of robbery and snatching etc shall be under constant vigil for strengthening of law and order situation in tri-city.
- Criminal intelligence sharing at operational level of SSP/DCP, DSP/ACP shall be done at regular intervals to strengthen co-ordination.
- Special emphasize was laid on curbing street crime (snatching, robbery, carjackings) in tri-city by organizing effective inter-state nakas at vulnerable locations. Such locations will also be brought under CCTV surveillance by tri-city police in due course of time.
- Coordinated checking through VAHAN software and joint crackdown on known habitual criminals was also emphasized and officers were directed to adopt effective strategies on ground.
At the end, H.E. The Governor of Punjab and Administrator UT Chandigarh directed the DGs of Punjab, Haryana and UT Chandigarh to take effective steps for prevention of street crime in their areas through better policing and co-ordination.