Honda launches its luxurious 5th Generation All New CR-V in India: Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), leading manufacturer of passenger cars in India, launched its luxurious 5thGeneration All New Honda CR-V in the Indian market. This is the first time Honda CR-V is introduced with a Diesel engine option in India and the all new model will strengthen the company’s presence in the premium SUV segment.
Developed as a Benchmark for next-generation SUVs, the All New CR-V is equipped with advanced powertrains in both Diesel and Petrol offeringexceptional fuel efficiency and fun–to–drive performance.The all-new Honda CR-V boasts a comprehensive range of advanced and luxurious features such as Panoramic Sunroof, LED DRLs & lighting system, segment-first Full Size Driver Information Interface and advanced standard safety equipment that takes SUV standards to the next level. Complemented by a bold, dynamic and sophisticated exterior styling that matches its luxurious and comfortable interior, the All-New CR-V aims to provide an exceptional driving performance and ride quality.
Presenting the All-New Honda CR-V to customers in India, MrGaku Nakanishi, President & CEO, Honda Cars India said, “Today, we launch the globally successful All-new 5th Generation Honda CR-V which has captured the imagination of SUV lovers across the world. Honda introduced the CR-V brand in India in 2003 as one of the first premium SUVs in the market. The All New CR-V distinctly offers Fun-to-Drive performance of an SUVand Driving comfort of a sedan which makes it a perfect Urban SUV.We strongly believe that the new CR-V has the potential to be a game changerin Premium SUV segment and we foresee a shift in consumer preference towards more luxurious and comfortable SUVs.”
DYNAMIC AND AGGRESSIVE EXTERIOR DESIGN
The All new Honda CR-V comes with a dynamic and exciting new lookthat add strength and vigor from all aspects. The new CR-V displays an aggressive new attitude, thanks to crisper and sharper front-end design elements, aggressive stylized headlights, surrounded by a wing-shaped LED DRL, and wide, muscular fenders. The long hood, longer wheelbase and short rear overhang give the new CR-V an upscale presence.
|· New premium design with a sharp-lined front grille enhancing a stronger look
· LED headlights, turn lights, tail lights and brake lights
· LED Daytime Running Lights
· New sporty-designed 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels.
LUXURIOUS AND COMFORTABLE INTERIORS
All New CR-V comes with a new age and sophisticated interior design which is sure to mesmerize the customers. User friendly amenities, premium accents and leather seating helps give the CR-V a more luxurious feel than ever before.
|· Full–colour 7–inch Multi Information Display (MID) with advanced features like Driver Attention Monitor, Torque Distribution Display etc.
· Sleek 7–inch colour touchscreen Display Audio system compatible with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ platforms
· 8 speakers including 4 tweeters
· Newly designed and Generously sized centre console with Electric Parking Brakefreeing space like never before
· Luxurious Cabin with Leather upholstery, Piano black and Wooden finish center console trim
· 3 mode Panoramic Sun Roof
· Paddle Shift (in Diesel)
· 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with 4-way lumbar support
· Remote Engine Starter (in Petrol)
· Push start/Stop with Smart entry
· Dual-zone automatic air conditioner
· Multiple USB charging ports for front and rear occupants
The all-new Honda CR-V builds on its legacy of spacious and versatile interiors and offers the roomiest CR-V cabin yet.
|· New interior design with 5+2 seating option in a three row configuration (in Diesel)
· Air-conditioning system for both 2nd and 3rd row of seating for more comfort (in Diesel)
The All New CR-V come with two engine options offering exceptional fuel efficiency and fun-to-drive performance.
The 1.6L DOHCi-DTEC 4-cylinder DIESEL TURBO engine has maximum power of 120 ps@4000 rpm and maximum torque of 300 Nm@ 2000 rpm, equivalent to a large-size diesel engine. It works together with a Shift by Wire nine-speed automatic transmission (Electronic Gear Selector) designed to offer good acceleration and exceptionally high fuel efficiency of 19.5 km/l* for 2WD option and 18.3 km/l* for AWD option.
Honda launches its luxurious 5th Generation All New CR-V in India
The 2.0L SOHC i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine provides 154 ps@6500 rpm and 189 Nm of torque@4300 rpm. It is integrated with a CVT automatic transmission that offers enhanced response & stability and seamless & linear acceleration.
|Engine||Transmission||Power||Torque||Fuel Efficiency as per test data|
|1.6L DOHC i-DTEC Diesel Turbo||9AT(first in segment)||120 ps@4000 rpm||300Nm@2000 rpm||2WD – 19.5km/L
AWD – 18.3km/L
|2.0L SOHC i-VTEC Petrol||CVT||154 ps@6500RPM||189 Nm@4300 rpm||2WD – 14.4 km/l|
The compact and efficient Real Time AWD in Diesel model provide a high degree of 4-wheel-drive sophistication in variety of driving conditions.
PACKAGE + KEY SPECIFICATION
The CR-V offers impressive space and comfort, particularly in the spacious rear-seating area, which has gained more than 50 mm of additional legroom.
198 mm (2WD)
|Diesel – 5+2 Seater
2nd & 3rd row folded: 936 L
3rd row folded: 472 L
Behind 3rd row: 150 L
Petrol – 5-Seater
Behind 2nd row: 522 L
2nd Row folded: 1084 L
*Minimum ground clearance mentioned is in unloaded condition
The all-new Honda CR-V comes with a wide range of functions including foldable passenger seats to serve various uses.
Extensive noise, vibration and harshness(NVH)improvement measures position the CR-V at the top of its competitive set, both while the vehicle is accelerating and at cruising speeds.
ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES
The All New Honda CR-V is equipped with a wide range of Honda’s premium active safety, passive safety and driver-assistive features, offered as standard equipment across all variants: –
- ASEAN N-CAP 5-star safety rating
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body
- 6 Airbags
- Driver attention monitor – An audible and visual alert that can detect drowsy driving behavior which warns the driver to take a break.
- Honda LaneWatch™ – First in segment lane watch camera for blind spot detection standard across all grades.
- Multi angle rear view camera
- Anti–lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with First in Segment Agile Handling Assist
- Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- ISO Fix
- Rain Sensing Wiper
- Auto Dimming IRVM
- Walk away door lock – Thefeature automatically locks: (1) when the driver leaves the vehicle with key FOB; (2) when the key holder’s distance from the vehicle exceeds 6.5 feet for 2 seconds
- Pedestrian Safety – Pedestrian injury mitigation technology
VARIANTS and COLOUR
The All New 5th Generation Honda CR-V is available in 3 variants
- Petrol CVT 2WD
- Diesel 9AT 2WD
- Diesel 9AT AWD
The CR-V is available in a choice of 5 exterior colours – Golden Brown Metallic, Radiant Red Metallic,Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, and White Orchid Pearl.
Sales, Service and Warranty
Deliveries of the All New Honda CR-V will begin immediately from the HCIL dealer network of 341 facilities in 231 cities across the country. The All New Honda CR-V will offer complete peace of mind.
- 3 years / Unlimited Kilometers warranty as standard
- Extended Warranty for additional two years / Unlimited kilometers
- Service interval of 1 year/ 10,000km whichever is earlier
About Honda CR-V
Honda CR-V is currently the second largest selling Honda model globally. The model has cumulatively sold over 10 million units across five generations in the global market since its first introduction in 1995.
HCIL introduced the 2nd Generation of Honda CR-V for the first time in the Indian market in 2003, 3rd Generation in 2006, 4th Generation in 2013 and a cumulative sales of 17,600 units. It is one of the longest running premium SUV in India with strong fan following and much loved brand status.
About Honda Cars India Ltd
Honda Cars India Ltd., (HCIL) leading manufacturer of premium cars in India was established in December 1995 with a commitment to provide Honda’s latest passenger car models and technologies, to the Indian customers. HCIL has two state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities at Greater Noida, U.P and Tapukara, Distt. Alwar, Rajasthan.
The company’s product range includes Honda Brio, Honda Jazz, Honda Amaze, Honda City, Honda WR-V, Honda BR-V and Honda CR-V – which are manufactured in India. The Accord Hybrid is being sold as a CBU imported from Thailand. Honda’s models are strongly associated with advanced design and technology, apart from its established qualities of durability, reliability and fuel-efficiency. The company has a strong sales and distribution network with 341 facilities in 231 cities across spread across the country.