Honda’s National Road Safety Awareness Campaign for college students reaches Mohali
More than 2000+ youngsters take #TheSafetyPromise with Honda
Aiming to build a culture of safe riding habits, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. conducted the National Road Safety Awareness Campaign for college students in Mohali. The event was conducted at the Mata Sahib Kaur College in the city.
Road safety is a global priority for Honda. To further expand awareness on safe riding practices among youth, Honda has flagged off its new National Road Safety Awareness campaign starting January 2019. Through this initiative, Honda aims to cover more than 15,000 young college students and adults of 10 colleges across cities every month. After the start of Honda 2Wheelers India’s road safety campaign, this initiative has already expanded to 29 cities including Mohali and has educated over 51,000 youngsters and adults so far.
Honda 2Wheelers India’s 2-day initiative in the Mata Sahib Kaur College in Mohali spread road safety awareness to over 2000+ participants under the motto of ‘Safety for Everyone.’
Speaking on this initiative, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President – Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said,“Safety is Honda’s top priority & it remains the core pillar of our corporate social responsibility. Further strengthening our commitment, we have conducted National Road Safety Awareness Campaign in Mohali to promote safe riding habits in youth. Through this mega campaign, young college students are now learning through fun and taking #TheSafetyPromise with Honda. Our aim is to educate the young riders to foster the right safety habits amongst themselves and will further take this initiative to other cities across India.”
Honda’s Road Safety Awareness Campaign for college students reaches Mohali
Making learning on the serious topic of road safety more fun-oriented, Honda had different activities for all.
- To spread road safety awareness, safety riding theory sessions on correct riding posture, traffic signs and road rules were conducted for students.
- A special training activity a virtual riding simulator was executed for all to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding.
- Riders tested their riding skills through slow riding activities and riding on narrow planks.
- With a strong focus on empowering women with independent mobility, our instructors not only educate them on road safety rules but also practically trained them to ride a two-wheeler.
- Above all this, Honda also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis so that participants have fun learning about safe riding too.