Importance of Flowers in The Beautiful city of Chandigarh
When we get something in abundance, we are not able to comprehend its importance. However, this does not hold true for the nature lovers of the capital city of Punjab. The natives of Chandigarh seem to be in love with nature undeniably which is evident with the number of gardens that have various kinds of blossoms. The spring is full of hues and fragrance of flowers everywhere, but in Chandigarh these traits are predominant as the care takers do their best to protect the tender flora which has been a part of our celebrations, events and perpetually our lives since a long time. Some of the most popular uses of flowers for the citizens of Chandigarh are as follows:
- Weddings: With Punjabi weddings renowned for their grand celebration, pomp and show, flowers too are used abundantly in this city during the weddings. From the garland that the bride and groom exchange, to the stage, food stalls, mandap, doli and showering of flowers after the ceremonies, flowers are used at practically all stages of a wedding. We often see the use of Roses and orchids in the decoration that makes the wedding venue appear angelic. Besides, the bride, people also appreciate the decoration. Their appreciation signifies how meticulous they are about using flowers in wedding decorations.
- Birthday Gifts: Celebrating a birthday with exotic flowers is not restricted to region; however, here, in Chandigarh the trend seems to be largely popular. There are many florists, who help you to send flowers to Chandigarh, if you live somewhere outside the city. All you have to do is to place an order online and then wait for the order to be uprightly delivered as directed. You may also place an order for cakes, birthday cards or small customized gifts along with the flowers to make the person feel special.
- Gardens: The presence of numerous gardens in Chandigarh the natives certainly adore the beauty of flowers. The Rose garden that has variety of roses and is a famous tourist place, especially in winters projects how important flowers are for the people. Not only the Rose Garden, but also other gardens such as Terraced Garden that has fantastic blossom of Chrysanthemums, garden of fragrance which is a fragrance galore with “Raat ki Rani” and Champa grown in large number. These gardens encourage visitors to spend some great time in the city away from the usual urban life. The flora gives you positivity, making you feel happy.
- First Birthday’s: Punjabi’s have the tendency to celebrate everything with lots of alacrity and first birthday of their child is one such time where they exude emotions. They leverage upon this by creating a divine moment for their child on her/her first birthday. It is equivalent to a wedding in terms of financial expenditure. The flowers used are also of the same intensity and quantity. From the stage, to the table where the multi-tiered cake lays, is all decorated with ornamental flowers. The birthdays are picture perfect with everything prim and proper including happiness.
- Gurudwara: With prime ascendant of Sikhs in this city of Punjab the number of Gurudwara’s are aplenty. The use of flowers at the Gurudwara signifies the auspicious use of flora, especially white flowers. These flowers can be chrysanthemums or white carnations and are used for decoration on a daily basis at the Gurudwara. The flowers are placed around the holy seat where the Gurbani is recited. This shows sanctity of the flowers as they are kept near the Almighty and are a part of the prayers too.