Haryana Chief Minister, Mr Manohar Lal has announced extension of deferment in payment of all outstanding dues as on March 15, 2020 and thereafter towards all Departments, Boards, Corporations and Authorities till May 15, 2020, 50 per cent waiver of interest on all such dues and waiver of rent on buildings and shops belonging to Government, Panchayati Raj Institutions and Urban Local Bodies for this period, 25 per cent waiver of fixed charges for industrial and commercial electricity consumers, treatment of this period as frozen period in all government contracts and a life insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh for various employees working in the containment zones and for all accredited and recognized journalists in the State upto June 30, 2020.
Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal also clarified that the benefit of life cover of Rs 50 lakh against COVID-19 announced by the Government of India will be given to all doctors, nurses and group C and group D employees posted in COVID isolation wards, COVID ICU and COVID OTs across the State.
The Chief Minister immediately after addressing the people of the state during the ‘Haryana Aaj’ program here appreciated the media persons’ passion for reporting factual information to the common man in this hour of crisis. He said that all the media persons, whether accredited or recognized, shall be given the benefit of the life insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh against COVID-19 upto June 30, 2020. He said that all government employees working in containment zones including ASHA workers, Anganwadi workers, police personnel and sanitation workers will also be provided a life insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh till June 30, 2020.
He said that all registered farmers, arhtiyas, labourers and employees whether regular, part-time or contractual of all procurement agencies engaged in the procurement process in Mandis will also get the benefit of insurance cover of Rs. 10 lakh till June 30, 2020.
In particular, all startups working in the Startup Incubator Centre being run by the Information Technology Department would not be charged rent from March 15 to May 15, 2020. Similarly, commercial vehicles such as auto, motor cab, maxi cab, bus, and truck will be been given proportionate waiver of Motor vehicle tax for the period from March 15 to May 15, 2020. He said that in all contracts of all government departments their period will be considered as frozen or zero period and the timelines for all buildings, projects or equipment supply not related to COVID-19 will be extended till May 15, 2020 without any penalty.
The Chief Minister said that previously a discount of upto Rs 10,000 in the fixed charge was extended for the consumers whose consumption of commercial and industrial connections for a period of two months (March and April) is 50 percent less than the average of January and February. Now, it has been decided that a 25 percent discount will be given to those consumers whose monthly fix charge is more than Rs 40,000. The remaining 75 per cent amount of fixed charge will be taken in six equal instalments from July to December 2020. This benefit will be given only to those whose consumption is less than 50 percent of the average of January and February month.
Manohar Lal announced extension of deferment in payment of all outstanding dues
Mr. Manohar Lal said that on April 9, a notification was issued, in which the payment of any person or institution on behalf of the authority of all the Departments, Boards And Corporations of the government was due to be paid on March 15, 2020, now it has been postponed till April, 30,2020. He said that it was also decided that no penalty interest or surcharge would be levied on such dues, only simple interest would be charged for this period. He said that now it has been decided to extend this period till May 15, 2020, and with this, a rebate of 50 percent would be given on this increased simple interest. Further, if the Board and Corporation wish to give more exemption than this, then they would be free to do so after considering their financial health.