An inter-state co-ordination meeting between traffic police officers of Tri-city i.e. Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali was organized by Chandigarh Traffic Police at Police Headquarters, Sector 9, Chandigarh with a view to enhance coordination between traffic police units of Tri-city.
The meeting was attended by Sh. Shashank Anand, IPS, SSP/Traffic & Security, U.T. Chandigarh, Sh. Tarun Rattan, SP/Traffic, Mohali, Sh. Munish Sehgal, ACP/Traffic Panchkula and all Traffic DSPs and TIs of Chandigarh Traffic Police. In the meeting, inter-alia the following traffic issues were discussed:-
- Day-to-day communication between traffic police officials of Tri-city.
- Advisory/alerts regarding traffic congestion in Tri-city.
- Co-ordination needed for movement of emergency vehicles i.e. ambulances, fire brigades.
- Plying of auto rickshaws without permit and registration in Tri-city.
- Action against bikes with modified silencers.